- Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance in North Carolina
If you own a motorcycle or motor scooter in North Carolina, you must purchase motorcycle insurance before riding on the road. Riders are expected to carry a valid motorcycle insurance card at all times. Failure to provide proof of motorcycle insurance could land you in fines and penalties.
The good news is that Glick Insurance can save you the trouble of riding without insurance because we provide various motorcycle insurance options to ensure that you comply with the law and get protection in case of an accident.
Types of motorcycle insurance coverages
While shopping for motorcycle insurance, you may encounter various types of coverages. If you are confused about which one to pick, please speak to our agent for clarification. The most common motorcycle insurance coverages include:
- Liability coverage: It pays for bodily injury and property damage for accidents you are legally liable. The mandatory minimum bodily injury liability required by the state is $30,000 per person and $60,000 per accident. A minimum of $25,000 must also be included to cover property damage.
- Collision coverage: If your bike suffers physical damage from a collision with another motorist or stationary object, collision coverage pays for the repairs or replacement of the bike up to the policy limit.
- Comprehensive coverage: It’s also known as “other than collision” coverage. It protects your ride from non-collision risks like falling objects, theft, vandalism, hail, and many more.
- Medical payments coverage: This coverage pays for the medical expenses and funeral expenses for injuries sustained by you or your passengers in an accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: It provides property damage and bodily injury coverage when you collide with another motorist who is at fault but has little or no insurance.
- Roadside assistance: Because your bike can break down when you are away from home, this add-on ensures that you receive services like towing, gas delivery, and battery jumpstarting to get you going.
Would you like to purchase motorcycle insurance in North Carolina? Please contact Glick Insurance for an affordable quote. We serve over 20 locations in North Carolina, including Greensboro, Charlotte, and Raleigh.