Auto Insurance in North Carolina
Just like many states, you need to purchase auto insurance before driving your car in North Carolina. Failure to carry auto insurance while on the roads may land into trouble with the authorities, resulting in fines and penalties, including license suspension. But because you are a responsible motorist, you wouldn’t want to get on the wrong side of the law. Instead, secure auto insurance from Glick Insurance to comply with the law and enjoy optimal protection from auto insurance.
Mandatory auto insurance in North Carolina
The NC state requires all motorists to carry the below minimum auto insurance coverages:
- Bodily injury liability: Covers you against medical claims for injuries sustained to other road users. The state expects you to buy a minimum of $30,000 for an accident involving one person and twice the amount for an accident concerning multiple casualties.
- Property damage liability: Covers property damage caused to other people’s properties. The minimum required is $25,000 per accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: This coverage comes in handy in hit-and-run situations, and when you are involved in an accident with a motorist without auto insurance or is inadequately covered.
While observing the state minimums is critical, most people opt for higher liability coverages and also consider other insurance options for maximum protection.
Optional auto insurance coverages
While the state doesn’t require these coverages, they are crucial in protecting you and your vehicle. These are:
- Collision coverage: Protects your vehicle against damage resulting from accidents.
- Comprehensive coverage: Protects your car against non-collision risks like theft, fire, vandalism, falling objects, and other perils.
- Medical payments coverage: Covers medical costs for accident-related injuries sustained by you and your passengers regardless of who was at fault.
- Roadside assistance: Provides services like gas delivery, towing, and other services when your vehicle stalls away from home.
Are you looking for North Carolina auto insurance? Please contact Glick Insurance for an affordable quote. Worried about geographical limitation? Don't be. We serve over 20 locations throughout North Carolina, including Greensboro, Charlotte, Raleigh, and the surrounding areas.